|Where to Start|
SCHEDULING YOUR ON CAMPUS EVENT
Step 1 (to be completed by the requesting party): Requesting Space
To request a space or facility for an event on campus, interested parties must complete the Event Space Request Form. Be sure to fill in all necessary spaces, checkboxes, and other subsections relevant to your event.
Completion and submittal of this form is NOT a reservation. The University Scheduler will contact you when room availability can be confirmed, after the appropriate approval has been received by Campus Services.
Step 2 (to be completed by the requesting party): Obtaining Approval
All events on campus must originate from or be sponsored by a recognized Student Organization, Faculty, or Staff Member.
· If you are a recognized student club/group/organization, you must obtain approval for your event from the Office of Student Activities before Campus Services will process your Event Space Request. This is done by submitting your event request through the Community website at www.gonzaga.edu/community. It is highly encouraged to submit both forms at the same time.
· If you are a GU Faculty or Staff employee, you must obtain approval for your event from your Dean and your respective Vice President over your area. Approval is typically gained through the completion and submission of a Sponsorship Form.
· If you are an outside third party entity, you and your internal GU sponsor must obtain approval for your event from the appropriate Dean and Vice President over that area. Approval is typically gained through the completion and submission of a Sponsorship Form.
· If you are an internal GU entity (Faculty/Staff/Student) requiring a classroom for a simple meeting, you do NOT need to obtain additional approval and do NOT need to submit a Sponsorship Form as long as the nature of the meeting is directly related to GU business and interests.
Step 3 (to be completed by Campus Services): Receiving Space for your event
Once a request has been made and approval has been received from the appropriate entities on campus, Campus Services will check facility availability and reserve the appropriate space. Campus Services will then issue a confirmation of a reservation for that space and issue a Facility Usage Agreement to be completed and submitted by the requesting party.
Step 4 (to be completed by the requesting party): Confirming event needs
A completed Facility Usage Agreement must be submitted at least five (5) working days in advance of an event. The completed Facility Usage Agreement will let Campus Services know if there are any additional support needs for an event. This completed Facility Usage Agreement will also ensure that those parties utilizing space on campus are made aware of all the rules and regulations stipulated by the University for the use of said space.
Additional Important Information
Event Space Requests must adhere to the following criteria:
· All Event Space Requests must be received at least ten (10) business days in advance.
· If you are a Student Organization, you must receive approval from Student Activities for your event before Campus Services will process your Event Space Request.
· If your event has a Speaker, Presenter, Panel, Lecturer, or other “speaker’s component,” you must complete and submit a Sponsorship Form before your event space is approved. Recognized Student Clubs and Organizations will receive this paperwork from the Office of Student Activities.
The sooner a request is made increases the likelihood of securing the space or facility you desire for your event. However, there are some instances in which University Events/Institutional Events may receive priority in scheduling. Please see our Facilities Scheduling Policy for more details.
For facility reservation at the Gonzaga Law School, please follow this link: GU Law School Room Reservation Form.